- Community involvement is a large part of the firm's personality. The firm has been a member of the Edmond Chamber more than 30 years, since early 1986. The families of the firm's fourteen employees are active in eight local churches. They have had family members as students in the Edmond public schools, Oklahoma Christian Schools, and homeschool coops as well as having served as teachers, guest lecturers or professors at the University of Central Oklahoma, the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma Christian University, Rose State College and Oklahoma Christian School.
- Our firm was instrumental in the formation of Trinity Legal Clinic of Oklahoma, Inc. Trinity is an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation organized by Christian attorneys in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area to help answer the call for improving access to justice and addressing the overwhelming need for legal assistance to the poor. Through partnerships with existing community-based organizations, Trinity provides access to legal services for the clients of those organizations who cannot otherwise afford hiring their own attorney.
- McAlister, McAlister, Baker & Nicklas was recently notified that our firm was chosen as a top tier Trust and Estate Planning law firm in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area by the U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers. This is peer and client reviewed, so we are so grateful to have the respect of our colleagues and clients. Of the seven firms recognized in the Metro area as Tier 1, we are the only firm in Edmond. Trust and Estate Planning has been one of the primary focuses of the firm since Lloyd opened the office in 1985. It is our privilege to provide big firm quality and small firm customer service to our clients.
- The firm was selected by Oklahoma Lawyers for Children as a winner of its “Do or Donate Challenge!” This award is given to firms with the highest percentage of attorneys who individually donated to and/or volunteered for OLFC between May 1-October 15, 2016. Oklahoma Lawyers for Children is a non-profit organization that serves children who are abused, neglected, and in need of legal services in Oklahoma.
- Karla McAlister was selected by the Edmond Chamber of Commerce as the 2011 Woman of the Year. The award purpose is to recognize a woman who has been a part of the Edmond Community and who has encouraged the growth of women both personally and professionally
- The firm was honored by the Character Council of Oklahoma when it was selected as the winner of the 2007 Business Award. The award is given by the Character Council to a business which is recognized as striving with excellence to achieve business success with honor by integrating and exemplifying the principles of good character throughout their organization.
- In 2006 the firm was selected as the Edmond Small Business of the Year by the Edmond Chamber of Commerce. This award, sponsored by Bank of Oklahoma, honors a small business that makes outstanding contribution to the economy and community.